The Cobra XRS 9770 is a higher-end Cobra radar detector. It features a DigiView Data Display and an 8-point electronic compass with a sleek and sophisticated look to give you complete peace of mind on the road. Since it’s able to detect 15 radar/laser bands – it’s pretty impressive. Plus, it’s packed with one of the most cutting-edge advance warning systems in the industry.
- 360-degree detection and over 15 different signals that it detects so you’re covered from all angles at all times.
- Digital text display that’s very easy to read, but there’s also an option for a voice alert function if you’re driving and can’t afford to take your eyes off the road.
- Newly released feature called IntelliShield that acts to protect against false signal alerts. It has the best false signal rejection in all different areas.
- Spectre and VG-2 Alert so the you’ll know when you’re being clocked or under surveillance.
- Select between city and highway mode so that you can reduce the frequency of false signals when driving.
- Highly sophisticated and sensitive unit, but it is also intuitive to use and simple to set up. That kind of combination doesn’t come standard in many radar detectors.
- You can mount it on the dashboard. This makes it a breeze to set up in your car.
- There are lots of features built in to reduce false alerts.
- Picks up police laser and/or radar guns that are blocks away – giving you plenty of time to avert disaster. It’s very precise when it comes to finding radars and lasers anywhere in your proximity, even if they’re not present in the direction you’re traveling.
- Screen is easy to read in bright daylight, however you can use the blackout feature which goes dark after a preset period of time, but it will light back up when there’s a radar signal.
- According to Amazon.com reviews, some consumers have complained that it doesn’t work right out of the box. Other customers have complained that I stops working after a short period of time.
- Some users have said that it dies after a number of months and that it won’t restart when you plug it back in.
Overall, the Cobra XRS 9770 is one of the higher-end models that does function well and can help you avoid costly citations. It’s a great investment for keeping your insurance rates since you can easily avoid traffic stops when putting it to proper use.